These are the most common questions I’m asked. If you have additional questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW CAN I PURCHASE AN ORIGINAL PAINTING?
I create a lot of paintings and release them a few times a year in collections on my website. This is announced well in advance through social media, my blog, and mailing list. These paintings often sell quickly, so be sure to act fast! The original paintings available for purchase are listed here. You can send me an email or give me a call.
CAN I REQUEST A CUSTOM PAINTING?
Absolutely! However, I only have 3 spots left this year - 2023 - to create personalized paintings. I also plan on creating a large volume of work throughout the year (both large and small pieces), so stay tuned to find the piece that suits you! Join the studio newsletter (it's free) or reach out to me via email or phone.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A LARGER PAINTING?
The listed sizes of 2 x 1.5 meters are the largest dimensions I can create. The quality of the canvas and the attention to detail are very important to me and contribute to the value of my work. If you're interested in filling a large area of your wall with my artwork (which is fantastic - thank you!), I recommend putting together a collection of 3-4 pieces. I offer discounts for collectors purchasing multiple paintings. Send an email to email@example.com to discuss this further!
WHO OWNS THE PAINTING?
I retain all rights to all artwork I create. This includes the rights to the image of sold and commissioned original paintings. I reserve the right to make reproductions of any and all artwork I create, unless the collector has purchased the full or partial rights to the artwork (in addition to purchasing the original piece). The collector or buyer may not reproduce the artwork in any way without written permission. If the artwork is reproduced in a magazine or other media, I only ask for acknowledgment (and congratulations! That means your home is super beautiful!). When you purchase an original painting, as the collector, you have the right to display the artwork in your home or business (hooray!), but the artwork may not be resold or reproduced without my written permission. Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing full or partial rights to your painting. Some collectors choose to buy the right to reproduce the artwork to ensure it never becomes a print. I'm happy to discuss this option with you if you're interested!
HOW WILL MY ARTWORK BE SHIPPED?
- Oil paintings require a significant amount of time to dry. I will not ship a painting until it's ready to be securely packaged (4-7 weeks after completion of the painting).
- All artworks are wrapped in paper, well-protected, and shipped in sturdy cardboard boxes that fit them well.
- Most artworks are shipped via USPS or UPS and usually arrive within 2-4 days (domestic) after shipping (including tracking and insurance). International shipments are sent via USPS or other carriers. International buyers, please note that shipping costs may vary from the amount you paid at checkout. Feel free to email me with questions or for an estimate. Artworks larger than 80 cm will be shipped unstretched and safely rolled in a sturdy tube. Then, we'll work with a local framer to create stretcher bars and stretch the canvas, which typically costs between $100-200, depending on the size and location. If you prefer to have your large painting shipped fully stretched, we can use a freight service to handle the painting with care and deliver it directly to your living room (costs: $300-500).
Prints/Printed on Plexiglas:
- All prints are handled with the utmost care and beautifully packaged in paper or plastic sleeves.
- Smaller prints are shipped in sturdy flat envelopes, while larger prints are shipped in a sturdy tube.
- Shipped via USPS (usually arrives within 1-3 days within the Netherlands).
- International packages are beyond my control. Customs fees, import duties, and handling fees may be charged by other countries. Tracking for international shipments is also unreliable. That being said, I ship packages to international destinations on a weekly basis with generally good success!
CAN I PICK UP MY ARTWORK FROM YOUR STUDIO?
Absolutely! You are welcome to pick up your artwork in person from my studio. It's also an opportunity to see my other works in person. If you choose to do this, you can select the option to avoid shipping costs during checkout, and we'll arrange a time to meet via email. You can contact me to schedule a time at [contact information]. Please note that my studio hours are limited due to a heavy workload, but we can usually arrange something.
Every order, commission, and sale is handled with care and as much clarity and transparency as possible. My goal is for you to be completely satisfied with your purchase! Please read more about our return policy for further information on the process. Items in the Studio Sale are final sale, and we do not accept returns or exchanges for items purchased on sale. We will not provide individual descriptions and photos of sale items as they are part of the sale.
WORKSHOPS & COURSES:
I love organizing painting workshops and retreats both in destination locations and in my studio! These creative retreats take place approximately 1-3 times a year, and each time is more refreshing and energizing than the previous one! (Sign up for my mailing list to stay updated on those events). Learn more about the retreats.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.